Friday, October 24, 2014

Falling to the Beat of The Music (Free write)

Falling in love to the sound of the music swelling around us
We've never felt quite as wonderful as we do tonight.
I can see the fear in his eyes
The fear of falling
The fear of not being caught
Broken hearts and broken promises make it hard for both of us to fall
He repeats over and over “You don’t see me.”
But I do, I see him, I see through him.
We talk for hours and hours and I see it all
All of the pain, all of the happiness, the stories, the dreams.
All of it.
As the night races on, we talk and laugh and fall deeper and deeper
The music picks up
Hearts racing fast
No matter where this night leads, I’ll never forget it
Falling in love 

2 comments:

  1. This is nice. Simple without being too simple, and it was really cute and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you worked in specific lyrics from the songs we listened to and shaped them to say something new. I like the idea of really "seeing" someone and the line about being afraid of not being caught when you fall.

    ReplyDelete