Friday, September 19, 2014

Memorable Passage

"I just want out. Out of my existence. I find myself wishing that a lot lately. Not to be dead. Or kill myself. Or any of that kind of stupid shit. It's more that I can't help thinking that if I'd never been born in the first place, I wouldn't be facing those sixty-seven nights, I wouldn't be right here, right now, having just endured that conversation with her."




This is a line from the book Where She Went by Gayle Forman. It's the sequel to If I Stay. I can't go too much into detail in case anyone decides to read this. I think the reason this line stood out so much is because I am someone who always wonders "what if". What if I had been born earlier, later, not at all? How different would things be? What if I didn't say that or do that or what if I did do or say that? I just related to how he was thinking about how things could be different than how they are.

2 comments:

  1. I am reading this book right now! I saw If I Stay a couple of weeks ago and needed some closure. : ) I'm not quite halfway in. I wasn't expecting the story to be told from Adam's voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just now saw this response. It was such a great book. I'm still dying to see If I Stay!

      Delete