Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Food Memory


 

I'm sure I'm expected to have some wonderful food memories from when I was a kid, but honestly the memory that sticks out the most is quite gross.
                When Shoneys was still open in Springfield, my family had a small obsession. Apparently they had the best spaghetti (I don’t know I hate spaghetti). I always refused to eat vegetables but I was a huge fan of fruit. I always got grapes and cantaloupe or honey melon. One time we went to Shoneys and I was really wanting some fruit. Of course they were out of everything I wanted. Before the tantrum got too extreme, I noticed they had some bananas covered in pinkish red goop. Being a little girl I saw the pink and got super excited. It also helped that I love bananas.

                It turns out, the pink stuff was some nasty strawberry stuff. Fun fact, I HATE STRAWBERRIES. I took a giant bite and immediately knew it was an awful idea. I couldn’t spit it out because obviously that’s disgusting. I ran to the bathroom and I was in there for literally ten minutes gagging and throwing up. I went back to the table and my family was cracking up. I chugged the rest of my soda and to this day, I will not eat anything strawberry and I still hate shoneys. 

1 comment:

  1. Funny! My son had an almost identical dramatically-run-to-the-bathroom reaction to his first taste of sushi...

    ReplyDelete